View Single Post
Old 01-14-2017, 08:13 PM   #194 (permalink)
zfever
Base Member

Drives: 2016 370z M6 315whp
zfever is on a distinguished road

I just installed mine yesterday.

Thoughts:

1. Installation time took me way more than an hour (about 2.5 hours to install and then 30 minutes to drive around and then do some light tuning). This is 100% due to working in such a confined space and being incredibly uncomfortable the whole time; recommend being skinny or losing weight before starting.

2. The instructions are really good with the exception of the upgraded clevis instructions which should be part of the main install doc. Because of this, I screwed up and didn't loosen the nut on the factory clevis before removing the stock assembly and then had to try to immobilize the OEM clevis with a pair of pliers ... not easy to do under the dash.

3. The heavy duty clevis (which somehow I got for free; thanks RJM!) is totally worth the extra money; trying to put the OEM pin back through the OEM clevis would have been a bitch.

4. The initial settings on the clutch pedal are pretty good and I didn't have to do much tuning (and did not modify the AFP setting).

5. The pedal feels like a normal clutch pedal now, which is awesome.

6. While the 75% default AFP setting is head and shoulders better than stock and has a wider engagement window, I think I do need to tune it a little bit more to try to bring the friction point down closer to the floor and increase the engagement window slightly (clutch is engaging about halfway up from the floor and I'd like it to be a tiny bit lower).

7. I was incredibly sore after finishing this install.

8. I wish I had done this a year ago when I bought the car instead of spending a year trying to get used to the stock pedal.

Last edited by zfever; 01-14-2017 at 08:17 PM.
zfever is offline   Reply With Quote