View Single Post
Old 01-14-2017, 03:03 PM   #246 (permalink)
JJ's370z
Base Member

Drives: 14 370z DB M6
JJ's370z has a reputation beyond reputeJJ's370z has a reputation beyond reputeJJ's370z has a reputation beyond reputeJJ's370z has a reputation beyond reputeJJ's370z has a reputation beyond reputeJJ's370z has a reputation beyond reputeJJ's370z has a reputation beyond reputeJJ's370z has a reputation beyond reputeJJ's370z has a reputation beyond reputeJJ's370z has a reputation beyond reputeJJ's370z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullitt5897 View Post
Ohhh and for our Australian brethren I believe they are already in talks with an Australian distributor. I can't say the name of the company since nothing has been finalized but I suspect the RJ mfg prices are about to get a lot cheaper for you guys!
oh wow that would make life easier - they would probably know how to deal with all the legal issues as well especially regarding the bonnet. (Hope its Harrop or someone at least well known to the local community)

For all you other Aussies did a bit of digging around CF hoods and FRP hoods are illegal due to some sh!te about they don't crumple in an accident and can shear off in sharp pieces, also hood vents need to be meshed so a kid cant put their hand down a vent and get it caught on pulleys etc.

On the bright side there is 1 company in Straya that does aftermarket hoods and bodykits in FRP that are ADR legal. Apparently they even provide the paperwork to show the cops and they have just started transport approval to work with carbon fibre and all their kits are street legal in all states and territories NFI how they pulled that one off.

They've also been working on cars with PD SC kits so as to allow for more height and space for air around the SC and CF functional vents directly above it - looks alright

BLITS BODYKITS NEWS PAGE

But in terms of styling the world's our oyster fellas if this bloke can churn out items that are fully street / ADR legal then someone needs to check the so called paperwork, but on other forums everyone says their legit

If that really is the case lets go to town and rice the poo outta it fellas, Varis Kamikazi R style hood or Top Secret style hood with a v8 m3 style powerdome...hmmm