Thread: FI vs NA
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2010, 10:36 AM   #14 (permalink)
bullitt5897
Premium Member

Drives: Twin Turbo Z34
bullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyD View Post
Spot on. Wait until Greddy releases their TT kit. My guess it'll be in the 10K range; however, you're probably still looking at a tune and install.

After owning a turbo IS300 I would say the BEST way to do NA to TT is to, at least, have a hand in the install. That way WHEN something lets go you'll have a good idea of what and why. You also should check out "Maximum Boost" by Corky Bell; it explains all the basics and will teach the jargon.

I'm holding off on FI for a while (probably until I'm on the backside of these car payments) for lots of reasons.

1) Nobody has blown a motor or trans yet (i'll wait until at least 5 have been destroyed so I know the safety limits)
2) The people buying TT kits right now probably bought the car cash so i'll let those guys eat up the R&D cost
3) Until the market has reached the point of more kits available than wanted stuff will be expensive
4) As more is learned newer and better kits will become available, and people will switch setups. Which means CHEAP used stuff in the marketplace.
This is a decent way to approach the market. However, Many of us that have purchased our TT kits are keeping them relatively safe until we build the motors. For myself I bought everything needed capable of supporting 1000rwhp as that is my end goal and I dont want to keep switch products every time I want to up the boost some more. Did I buy my car cash... no wish I had lol but i used Cash I had on hand for my TT build. I still make payments on my car lol.

Anyways, the only way prices are going to go down is if buyers begin to buy products and saturate the market with sold products then demand will drop and supply will be high... the kits will then come down in price to gain what is left of the market.

As far as newer better kits coming out... I highly doubt the newer kits will be better than what is out there. My kit is capable of over 900rwhp and I plan on taking it there. I am also planning on a full stroker build this year too! I am keeping this car unlike my previous cars... forever! I will not part out my kit and I believe the current TT owners will not either. With the amount of money we have spent we would loose our @sses off if we sell these kits used! We would rather sell the car as a package than the kit on its own.

I hope for many more TTz's but until then I will be happy to be one of the only kids on the block with one!
Shop Cars: 2013 318whp Nismo VspecII 370z *SOLD*, 2009 1000hp+ 93oct 4.0L TT 370z Fast Intentions STAGE 4 #054
bullitt5897 is offline   Reply With Quote