View Single Post
Old 01-12-2017, 09:40 PM   #214 (permalink)
Jordo!
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2023 NATM
Jordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ MFG View Post
A lil Teaser!

Laminova cores? Nice! They're very compact and efficient. This is looking like a very well designed kit.

I think you guys said a dual (triple?) pass heat exchanger would be used? Any details on the water pump or on options for a temp gauge?

BTW: To anyone living in a region that rarely drops below freezing (e.g., FL), you can run this with straight water all year round. It should keep temps nice and cool. Otherwise, you'll need a mix, as with the engine radiator.

I ran an overdriven roots blower that was really pushing the limits of efficiency with an A2W set up, and temps were not greatly above ambient. Maybe 10 - 20 degrees at worst after beating up on it on a dyno. It would cool right back down too as the water cycled.

For the Heat Exchanger, you will want to make sure there isn't a lot of openings around the edges of it -- air will tend to duck around rather than pass through it as you would want if there are any openings on the sides. Otherwise, should work really, really well.

I believe the hood bulge can just be a bulge -- the real cooling is all done by the heat exchanger. A vent to draw heat soak of the SC itself certainly won't hurt, but the IC cores, water pump, and HE are the critical items for keeping things nice and cool.

I really miss the evil whine of a PD SC -- and the near instant torque

This should make the Z feel like it has a V8.

Last edited by Jordo!; 01-12-2017 at 09:50 PM.