Thread: FI vs NA
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2010, 09:14 AM   #12 (permalink)
JoeyD
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 NISMO 370Z
JoeyD has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyD has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyD has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyD has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyD has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyD has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyD has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyD has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyD has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyD has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyD has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuszNissan View Post
This is a brand new car. Give it time and the prices will go down. This car is RED HOT on the aftermarket scene. A 350 is a 8 year old model. (Came out in 2002, MY2003). I am sure if you wait the prices will come down. Also, there are only 3-4 companies making TT kits and 2 that are ready for retail now.

Bolt ons will not give you the power you desire and you could end up spend 7K and only gain 40-50whp. I would suggest waiting for the market to cool off, or go SC as someone mentioned above.
Spot on. Wait until Greddy releases their TT kit. My guess it'll be in the 10K range; however, you're probably still looking at a tune and install.

After owning a turbo IS300 I would say the BEST way to do NA to TT is to, at least, have a hand in the install. That way WHEN something lets go you'll have a good idea of what and why. You also should check out "Maximum Boost" by Corky Bell; it explains all the basics and will teach the jargon.

I'm holding off on FI for a while (probably until I'm on the backside of these car payments) for lots of reasons.

1) Nobody has blown a motor or trans yet (i'll wait until at least 5 have been destroyed so I know the safety limits)
2) The people buying TT kits right now probably bought the car cash so i'll let those guys eat up the R&D cost
3) Until the market has reached the point of more kits available than wanted stuff will be expensive
4) As more is learned newer and better kits will become available, and people will switch setups. Which means CHEAP used stuff in the marketplace.