View Single Post
Old 01-13-2010, 09:00 AM   #15 (permalink)
kannibul
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z Touring/Sport
kannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by my2004Z View Post
If its the first patch on the tire then it shouldn't be a problem. I was told at discount tire that they would not patch a second hole in the same tire for Z rated tires. This was when I had my 350Z and was running Bridgestone Potenza Pole Position tires. They were worried the tire would come apart at high speeds. Something to think about...
You can get them to patch it if you push them. I had a tire shop refuse to plug a tire because the tread was "too close to the wear indicators", not because it was actually worn out.

I raised all kinds of hell with them, and they wouldn't budge...obviously, they wanted me to buy new tires from them...

They'd already pulled the nail out, and I told them to put the nail back in so I can go to another tire shop and have it fixed. They plugged it instead.

With Z rated tires - I would simply tell them...where the hell can I go over 100mph? Patch the damn tire!
kannibul is offline   Reply With Quote