View Single Post
Old 01-12-2017, 12:57 PM   #211 (permalink)
Zat_Zuma
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2017 Touring auto
Zat_Zuma is a glorious beacon of lightZat_Zuma is a glorious beacon of lightZat_Zuma is a glorious beacon of lightZat_Zuma is a glorious beacon of lightZat_Zuma is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ MFG View Post
we haven't asked about any upcoming product offerings from level10 yet. Our only thoughts are that they would be supplying aftermarket clutch packs with the build to justify the costs. However, that is unconfirmed at the moment. Instead of shipping of your trans you could do the following:

Fast intentions flex plate
Exedy clutch pack
Level10 valvebody
Level10 TQ converter
Transmission cooler

Have a local competent shop install it all. That is if shipping is an issue. Now if new gears need to be made we can handle that if it comes to it.
That's EXACTLY the point where I'm at right now. The only things left to do now is to talk to level 10 and ask about the valve body mods and determine if I can rebuild the transmission or find a shop that can.

I've rebuilt Dodge automatics to a performance level with clutch packs, valve body mods and coolers, etc. But the 7 speed looks a little more complex and requires a little more thought. I may buy a used 7 speed and tear it down to explore and play, just because I can