View Single Post
Old 01-12-2017, 08:11 AM   #14 (permalink)
scope22
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: wife crazy
scope22 has a reputation beyond reputescope22 has a reputation beyond reputescope22 has a reputation beyond reputescope22 has a reputation beyond reputescope22 has a reputation beyond reputescope22 has a reputation beyond reputescope22 has a reputation beyond reputescope22 has a reputation beyond reputescope22 has a reputation beyond reputescope22 has a reputation beyond reputescope22 has a reputation beyond repute

This is what i was told, also that our engines are happiest above 4K rpm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber370 View Post
This would be the biggest concern. If you lug your engine you have a chance of doing a lot more damage than redlining it. Alot of people simply do not understand this and the manufacturers are to blame. Recommended shift points that they put in owners manuals are to please the EPA, that's all. They are completely unrealistic.

I remember a friend of mine who kept shifting way too early and I kept telling him that his engine would fail one day. Well, it actually did. He was in 4th going up a hill at an insufficient speed and boom! Blew his engine on his fairly new Ford Escape. If I recall, a broken connecting rod.
scope22 is offline   Reply With Quote