View Single Post
Old 01-13-2010, 06:19 AM   #15 (permalink)
Tyrell Tyson
Enthusiast Member

Drives: P90 TR
Tyrell Tyson will become famous soon enoughTyrell Tyson will become famous soon enough

"It became a problem when someone made it a problem"

That doesn't make sense. The sound is there on alot of cars, it bothers alot of the drivers as you can read in the first link i posted so it's indeed as im learning from this website, it's a prob. Just because the noise does not effect you, does that instantly make it "not an issue" Thats an interesting way to look at things in life "if it doesn't effect me then its not a problem"

I know what you are getting at, don't worry bout the small things etc but your car doesn't make the noise loudly at the moment and thats awesome for you, i'm happy for you and you are lucky you didn't get one of the other cars that are alot louder/ hard to ignore. Some guys on here are saying its so bad it makes their ears ring for hours afterwards.....sounds pretty ridiculous for a car to do that to its owner doesnt it.

So far in this thread 7 people have the ringing sound in their car, 5 do not...one guy even said its so bad he is not sure he would have bought the car if he knew about it prior......sounds pretty bad

I'm not askin you to convince me to buy the car like you are saying, i'm here to find out how bad this issue really is on the 370z. Thats why i made an account her before purchasing the car, see i was all set to buy it then started reading the threads regarding the noise, turned me off the car instantly which is a shame because in every respect it seems great.

I have driven it for a few days, the dealer lent a 2009 model to me, not a long enough timeline to see the problem. On that particular car i could hear a noise, even with the radio on....pretty crappy but nothing really to worry about BUT i have read on this very site that it gets worse/louder. If that happened i would not want to drive it, would annoy the hell out of me and my girlfriend/people riding with me and felt $70k wasted

So the reason i am here is not for you to convince me to buy the car, but rather, like i said in my first post, to find out if the 2010 models are clear of this problem and find out how it effects you guys with the 2009 too

Posted in the huge thread on the issue

" Originally Posted by bumblez View Post
Finally, I went to Nissan dealership for replacing ECU to get fixed high pitch noise today. After the tech replaced ECU, I did test drive and that noise was still there.WTF!!!? I've been waitng for almost 5 hours at the dealer today!!
So the general maneger called to the nissan department rep. And
They said they found the ECU which has serial number end with B, makes high pitch noise. Old ECU should be change to New one which has serial number end with A. My service maneger checked ECU's serial number on my car and it's end with B. That's why my car still make noise even though they changed to new ECU. My stupid service maneger didn't check it before he placed order.

Anyways...I hope it's true this time.
Dealer just gave me a rent car(sentra) and I have to wait another 1weeks to get it fixed. I will update if its fixed."

The discussion about the ECU ending with B and ECU ending with A was never resolved. I would love to know if the ECU A does fix it up 100% and have pmd bumblez.

Thanks to everyone who responded in this thread and the australian thread as well. The couple of guys with 2010 were kind enough to reply, both said no noise yet which is a really good sign for everyone

From here if more 2010 owners report no problems then we could safely assume Nissan has fixed it and we will all be extremely happy...and i will buy this bad boy in black with

Volk TE37 (Flat Black) Custom Time Attack
Front: 19x9.5 (+22) 265/35/19
Rear: 19x10.5 (+12) 305/30/19

- Ty
Tyrell Tyson is offline   Reply With Quote