View Single Post
Old 01-10-2017, 08:20 PM   #36 (permalink)
Bummer
Premium Member

Drives: 13 370Z RTS SR M6
Bummer has a reputation beyond reputeBummer has a reputation beyond reputeBummer has a reputation beyond reputeBummer has a reputation beyond reputeBummer has a reputation beyond reputeBummer has a reputation beyond reputeBummer has a reputation beyond reputeBummer has a reputation beyond reputeBummer has a reputation beyond reputeBummer has a reputation beyond reputeBummer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueranger View Post
===8<---
Please share your thoughts.

I'm interested in a hard top for winter to solve a problem that pops up occasionally in cold weather.

The window is designed to lower about a quarter of an inch when the door is opened. It is raised again after the door is shut. (Ah, the magic of computers.) This allows for proper seating into the seal at the top of the window. Unfortunately in the winter the windows will freeze in place causing the window to close against the outside of the rubber seal at the top when the door is closed.

This problem takes a bit of effort to resolve each time. I've learned to whack the top edge of the window with the heel of my hand(s) to break it loose and lower it. I don't really like this solution.

I'm hoping a hard top can be designed with a seal shaped differently so that this is no longer a problem.

Bummer is offline   Reply With Quote