View Single Post
Old 01-10-2017, 03:03 PM   #187 (permalink)
40 to 332
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 13 370Z BS M6 Sport
40 to 332 has a reputation beyond repute40 to 332 has a reputation beyond repute40 to 332 has a reputation beyond repute40 to 332 has a reputation beyond repute40 to 332 has a reputation beyond repute40 to 332 has a reputation beyond repute40 to 332 has a reputation beyond repute40 to 332 has a reputation beyond repute40 to 332 has a reputation beyond repute40 to 332 has a reputation beyond repute40 to 332 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo View Post
Any left-handers able to install this clutch assembly with ease?
I just attempted this past weekend and after 30min of have difficulty moving around I chose to postpone the installment. There just isn't much room and laying on your back puts your right hand at the clutch pedal.
Any tips? Or any left handers able to chime in?

I wasn't able to maneuver well using my right hand. Couldn't even line up the pliers with the clip to take the wire off the metal bracket!
I'm a left-hander and have installed and re-installed the RJM pedal assembly a couple of times … once for the original install and a second time when I changed out the CMC. I can't say that it was done "with ease". I think I logged about 6 hours for each install, but I was very particular and followed the instructions very closely and spent quite a bit of time making sure all of the adjustments were proper. I found the best thing to "ease" the install was to remove the driver's seat. With the seat out, it is much easier to move about in the footwell … and I could lie on my right-hand side and use my left hand to perform a lot of the work. I also found fitting my trouble light with an LED bulb as opposed to a standard incandescent bulb was very helpful since I didn't have to worry about scorching myself every time I inadvertently touched the light. Finally, I'd suggest reading the instructions repeatedly before starting the install and have the parts and tools laid out in the footwell in order to avoid having to climb in and out of the footwell each time you move to the next step of the process. Anyway, it can be a tedious job … but the final product is well worth it.
40 to 332 is offline   Reply With Quote