View Single Post
Old 01-10-2017, 02:52 PM   #34 (permalink)
highrpm
Base Member

Drives: 14 black TS roadster
highrpm is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
I'm not sure this will help you, since I rather doubt you can get it this far into your ownership, and I'm not at all sure what "reasonable" means for you since it varies so much from person to person, but...

I have the Nissan Platinum warranty. Everything but wear parts - brake pads, clutch friction plate, tires, in general the standard wear items. The fabric of the top is not covered but the mechanism is. According to the paperwork I got at purchase I'm good for a total of 100,000 miles or seven years, whichever comes first.
Thanks to you (and Old Guy) for your replies here re: the extended warranty, and I apologize for hijacking the thread. I won't post any more about warranties here after this post.

The last time I got an extended wty (I think it was when I bought an early model Prius, maybe 2005) the Toyota forum turned me on to a Toyota dealer in TN or somewhere that sold factory wtys online. They were 7/100k like the ones you two mentioned. You could buy them at any time up until your original factory wty expired (which for me is 11/17, for the Z). They were going for over $1200 then, but this dealer sold them for $800 and it was a very easy transaction. I was wondering if Nissan was similar, and if there was a dealership somewhere that discounted them heavily in return for the volume. I am not interested in buying an ext wty from a third party.

Back to the tops. The poster who mentioned the negatives made some good points. I will have to consider the storage/weight issue if someone decides to make these. I live in a highrise condo now, and we can't store anything in our pkg spaces other than our cars.
highrpm is offline   Reply With Quote