View Single Post
Old 01-10-2017, 12:50 PM   #2950 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonka2581 View Post
No I think if they even make a new Z (and that's a big if) a dual clutch auto would be a good option for the AT guys. But that being said they need to make it to handle at least 500 pounds of tourque. Also they need to keep and manual option. I think all the argueing is useless let's face the facts there has been no news or speculation that Nissan is going to make a new Z. I see the Z falling the way of Supra and or NSX. If they do make a new one it will be years from now if that.
I agree it would be a good option. No one is disputing that. But the chance of having that option is dependent on how long it takes Nissan to put out the Z35. If they announce it later this year, it is much less likely. If its 5 years from now or more, you're completely on target that this is all complete speculation and no one really knows what will happen until we get closer and get some more information. Sure DCTs might be commonplace 5 years from now and a totally viable option for the new Z. Or maybe some new alien technology comes along. Its all just what ifs at this point

And they better keep MT option. Frankly, who cares about some shitty DCT

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |
JARblue is offline   Reply With Quote