View Single Post
Old 01-10-2017, 01:58 AM   #451 (permalink)
BlueDog007
Base Member

Drives: Not yet
BlueDog007 is on a distinguished road

Here's my situation. My battery seems like it's been dying for several weeks. I had it tested about a week ago and Autozone said it was bad. Last night, it was 25 degrees and it wouldn't start. The yellow key signal on the left side of the steering wheel is on. I tried to jump start it with my Tundra after charging for about 15 minutes and get nothing. No sound of turnover or anything. The steering wheel isn't locked as I had to move it our of the driveway so I could get another car out of the garage. I can turn the wheel manually in both directions. The windows will not roll up or down, the lights DO work, the radio does NOT work, the lights above the review mirror do work. When I push the start button, nothing happens.

My first thought is to change the battery. I took the FOB to a battery place today who tested the FOB battery and said it was about dead and they put in a new battery. I certainly hope my only issue is the car battery and not the steering lock issue talked about on this thread.

At this point, what should I do? I definitely don't want to take it to the dealer and shell out $1,400. Does the car need to be running to remove the fuse mentioned in this thread? Also, it doesn't look real easy to replace the battery. Does anyone have any advice on how do do it? Or have a YouTube video or something? I'm all about saving money to get the Z running again. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance!
BlueDog007 is offline   Reply With Quote