View Single Post
Old 01-09-2017, 05:29 PM   #2934 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by triso07 View Post
Very strange emotional response there.

3100lbs is unreasonable? The current Z weighs 3300lbs. The Juke weighs 3100lbs with AWD and a CUV bodystyle. 3100lbs does not seem an unreasonable ask if you get a stripper car.

Better sound proofing = luxury car? I didn't say it has to be a Mercedes. Quell some of the creaks, rattles, wind noise, tire roar. They just did this recently with the GTR.

Nothing is wrong with the current Z's handling, nor did I ever say there was. That doesn't mean you don't look to improve. Each generation Camaro has been increasing their handling capabilities, just look at the 1LE. You don't just leave things as they are because they're good ... you evolve. It's a selling point.

Two transmission choices is a problem? They have DCTs in their lineup, use one in the Z and retain a manual for purists. It's an option. People would be over the moon if they offered a DCT in the Z.

7 speed because highway cruise gear. Not necessary but again, they need to stay competitive and 7 is quickly becoming the new 6. You'd be happy if the new Z even has a manual? You expect too little.

Pretty sure I didn't mention anything about a track car (though it would be nice to have more variants in the Z lineup). Me saying I think they should improve braking and handling does not equate to building a track car. That's quite a jump.

They are selling base Vettes for 49k. A Nismo Z comparably equipped is like 46k new and it offers no where near the performance of a Vette. Honestly it doesn't even compete with the Camaro 1LE. Admittedly they're different cars, but people looking to pick up the Z because it's a sporty looking car that has good performance per dollar are going elsewhere because there are better options on the market.

I did not see a single valid reason why what I listed is inconceivable in a modern sports coupe in today's competitive market.

Nissan absolutely is missing the boat right now. They have the capability to siphon some muscle car buyers, get BRZ owners to upgrade, and pull people who really want higher level vettes and caymans but can't afford them. Instead they are sitting idly by not looking for market share.

I'll agree 3100lbs is NOT unreasonable for a Z. A matter of fact, it the stinger coupe does come with 375hp with 2800lbs?:? The Z meds to match or exceed that. It's not u reasonable. It's just Nissan Manginas won't do it.