View Single Post
Old 01-09-2017, 06:55 AM   #49 (permalink)
bvl
Enthusiast Member

Drives: MB Roadster (sold)
bvl is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNKNOWN_370 View Post
I didn't give a political opinion. I just reported a potential change in the automotive industry relative to a potential tax increase. That increase May possibly effect the availability of certain cars in this country. As thin of a line the discussion is.... it's not a political one. As long as we refrain from identifying parties. Giving an personal opinion on our president or start making comments like one or two members started doing already. Namely Chan Chee Ho It is NOT A POLITICAL THREAD.
I took the large red font as a joke, a poor one, but a joke

Your point regarding a trickle down effect in the economics (global) of car sales is a valid one and if US policy changes impact sales of the bread and butter cars, the low volume units are not going to get funded.

By Saying it is *Trump* and not, accurately, the republican party's proposed policy changes, makes it political and divisive. Using Trump in the title (as you did) is click bait and takes away again from a valid hypothetical discussion point.

I'd argue the Z's future has been in doubt far before the US election and potential policy changes given a lack of any leaks, spy shots, nor excitement from Nissan for some time now.

I'd love a 3.0L 3200lb light turbo screamer with a T top for a Z35 but I know I'm not gonna be getting that

- b
bvl is offline   Reply With Quote