View Single Post
Old 01-09-2017, 12:12 AM   #30 (permalink)
blueranger
Track Member

Drives: 2010 Roadster 7AT
blueranger has a reputation beyond reputeblueranger has a reputation beyond reputeblueranger has a reputation beyond reputeblueranger has a reputation beyond reputeblueranger has a reputation beyond reputeblueranger has a reputation beyond reputeblueranger has a reputation beyond reputeblueranger has a reputation beyond reputeblueranger has a reputation beyond reputeblueranger has a reputation beyond reputeblueranger has a reputation beyond repute

There are several reasons why a hard top option is valuable. If you look at a glass half empty it will always be half empty.

Reality for many 370z Roadster owners is we love our cars but have many top issues. Once out of warranty how many are willing to spend more than half the cost of the car to replace?

The benefits I see are several...

Option when top breaks out of warranty.

Looks!

Theft and safety

Track use

And like you said it can also be a benefit if you offer as an option to the next owner if you decide to sell.

It is simply an accessory option just like spending $3k plus on wheels or a sound system. Hell I spent over $25k on a twin turbo kit because I enjoy my car. At the end of the day if developed it can benefit many because it is now an option we have that we didn't have before.

A great example is I own a 1970 Ford Bronco and use the hard top during the winter and a bikini top during the summer. I enjoy my Bronco all year and have the option of a hard top when I want it.

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
F.I. Stage 1 Twin Turbo #48 | E85 FlexFuel | Built 7AT | F.I. 34 Row Oil Cooler | F.I. Flex Plate | F.I. 19 row Trans Cooler | MT ET Street S/S | ECUTEK Tuned by Seb | RPM Roll Bar
blueranger is offline   Reply With Quote