View Single Post
Old 01-08-2017, 03:38 AM   #2908 (permalink)
s2krazyyy
Base Member

Drives: 2010 40th 370z
s2krazyyy has a reputation beyond reputes2krazyyy has a reputation beyond reputes2krazyyy has a reputation beyond reputes2krazyyy has a reputation beyond reputes2krazyyy has a reputation beyond reputes2krazyyy has a reputation beyond reputes2krazyyy has a reputation beyond reputes2krazyyy has a reputation beyond reputes2krazyyy has a reputation beyond reputes2krazyyy has a reputation beyond reputes2krazyyy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nithmo View Post
Those aren't bad numbers for a fairly expensive and a completely limited (in terms of use) car. The Z is a fun car and little more than that. You can't carry anything in it, it's not practical for really anything, and as we all know, it's even a bit lacking in terms of the fun department, when it comes to the competition. On top of that, it's a 6 or 7 year model.

Honda/Acura would kill to move 7-8000 units of some of their cars, no joke.

Granted, the 350z sold much better, but part of that is due to the Z hiatus after the 300zx. People were excited for the car when it returned.
I really wouldnt mind if the Z went on a hiatus similar to the 300ZX. That would give Nissan a few years to work on a platform that is its own and doesnt share anything with other platforms besides maybe an engine. The 370z is already a great car if you look at it on its own and ignore the competition. Does the new muscle cars have more power and seem more appealing than a 370z? Yes but honestly those cars are still very heavy compared to the Z and IMO you cant substitute the lighter feeling by adding power. The Z is a STEAL on the used market(you can find pretty low mileage Z's for under 25k but you all knew that already), what car on the used market that give the combo of power, handling, realiability and great drivability for under 25k? There really isnt much in its price point that I can think of and the cars you can find C5 Z06, S2k, Cayman and BRZ have their pros and cons. I think the 370z has the best combo of a DD, cheap to maintain, power, modability and something that is fun to drive at a bargain price. They are already a gem for what you get used, I can only imagine what it would be like if they discontinued them and didnt announce plans for a new Z(especially with the new G and its DAS
system ). The Z WILL be missed if its discontinued, you know what they say.. "you dont know what you have until its gone".

Last edited by s2krazyyy; 01-08-2017 at 03:42 AM.
s2krazyyy is offline   Reply With Quote