View Single Post
Old 01-07-2017, 01:45 PM   #12 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threadlocker View Post
Yeah. Calm down, the Z has always been made in Japan.

I am calm. It doesn't matter that the Z is made in Japan. You're not looking at the whole picture.

If Nissan can't import the sentra and versa without charging us an extra 31% import tariff. It will most likely kill off the sentra and versa sales in this country. The sentra is trades back and forth between altimas as their best selling brand in this country.

Being that Trump will probably increase ALL import tax. We will probably see a hike of at least 4 to 10%. You're looking at an increase
$1,200-3000. The Z barely sells know cuz most people think its $3,000 to expensive. If a new Z is designed with 400hp and new tech. We may be looking at $40K start for a 400hp base Z. A tax hike may make it up to $44,000 putting Nissan back in the overpriced predicament. If the top tier car is $50K. Mr Trumps plan makes the top line Z $55K. People will rather buy the Z51 C7 cuz all they will see is 55 more HP.

It would make the Z not worth buying to most people. The Z would need 500hp to compete. N Nissan won't give us 55K and 500hp. They didn't even put 215 hp in the Sentra Nismo.

All I'm saying is. These types of policies can grossly affect the import market.

Now imagine they give us the overpriced Z anyway? Do you know what would happen to mod prices cuz of this. Volume drops mod prices. The less a car sells, the more expensive the mods and the less people are willing to design and engineer aftermarket parts.

Carlos Ghosn promised us a new Z. It's coming. Now if it gets imported to this country is something else.

Last edited by UNKNOWN_370; 01-07-2017 at 01:51 PM.
UNKNOWN_370 is offline   Reply With Quote