View Single Post
Old 01-07-2017, 01:30 PM   #11 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy4oldcars View Post
Despite Mr. Trump's election, our political class has a "don't rock the boat" attitude. They figure they have a pretty sweet setup going, and don't want this chance messing it up.
Rhetoric to the contrary, I don't see a whole lotta change coming our way.
Now, Nissan, on the other hand.... My guess, and that's all it is is a guess, is that they will stop production on the 370 in the next year or 2, and put the Z badge on the shelf for a while.
Look at it. Base models are selling for about 3k off MSRP, Sports are around 4k and Nismo's and roadsters for 5 to 6k off. Volume is mediocre at best.
Nissan's focus seems to be family cars (OK. All mfrs have to. It's their bread and butter.) with the GT-R being their flag-waving marque. We get what little bit of attention they have left. Kind of like middle child syndrome, lol.
We don't have any direct competition in the US. Or, direct comparison, anyway. 6-cyl mustangs and comaros. Cars nobody talks about. Toyota's 86 is 200 horses and Honda's civic is about the same. Genesis coupe is a competitor, but it's marque is going thru a transition.
It pretty much boils down to...Nissan don't need us no more.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Genesis coupe as you know it is no more. Hyundai won't be building that type of sports car.