Thread: FI vs NA
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2010, 10:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
BlackCherryZ
Base Member

Drives: 2010 BC-Z M6
BlackCherryZ is on a distinguished road
Unhappy FI vs NA

i bought a 2010 Z with high hopes of getting a TT kit, but i recently got an estimate for one.....$15,000 installed and dyno-tuned......

i have read from a 350z forum that the same tuner offered $10K for a TT kit installed on 350z, but now they are charging $15,000 for 370z.....

perhaps i should have bought a 350z....

or even s2000: a couple of years ago, inlinepro in VA offered $8000 for their stage 2 turbo kit installed and dyno-tuned....... but i had to sell my s2k.....

i figure $33K for my car plus $15K+ = about the price of 2008 BMW M3!!!!!!

so i am still debating...........

i have owned many sports cars, but nothing with a massive rwhp in the range of 450+.

so i would like some feedbacks....

I will be using my car as a daily driver, but at the same time i would like to enjoy "the power."

I will not be racing, but i would like to put "peddle to the metal" when the light turns green...... and not be intimidated by other sport cars *^^*

should i stretch my budget and get a TT or would NA bolt-ons suffice?

afterall, there is a limit to my budget and no power is ever enough for anyone *^^*

i had in mind $10 for the TT installed and dyno-tuned, but if not a TT kit, then i am thinking about spending $5k on stereo upgrades and $5k on bolt-ons....

I guess this would be a topic for a separate forum, but what would be the most cost effective add-ons per rwhp?

I was thinking about CAI, HFC, grounding kit, short throw shifter, cat back exhaust, plenum spacers, oil cooler, under drive pulleys, headers, light weight flywheel with performance clutch, and ECU reflash/COBB tuning.

can someone rate these add-ons per rwhp?

supposedly they all increase power and performance per the sellers...........but i would be more interested in feedbacks from those who have actually installed them on their 370z....

Also, which ones are practical and most cost-effective.....

it seems like if i were to install all of the aforementioned add-ons, it would be possible to get about 350-370 rwhp - but how likely is this? i guess it all depends on tuning.........

I am trying to get the most "bang/rwhp for the buck."

thanks for reading and your feedbacks...
BlackCherryZ is offline   Reply With Quote