Thread: Hfc
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2017, 04:06 PM   #9 (permalink)
Jordo!
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2023 NATM
Jordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo370 View Post
The owner said the HKS sensors had more problems. I had not done enough research and got caught under his word. I thought maybe $80. So everyone beware.
Yeesh -- that's a PITA. Glad you have it on now!

Besides sounding better, you also definitely picked up some decent power gains -- even without a tune.

Did it come with de-foulers (downstream O2 bung extenders)? That would be the only lingering concern.

Either way, if you get a CEL, you can try adding yet another set of extenders to it, a filter (such as steel wool), or will need a tune.

Also, if you do happen to get a CEL, make sure to get the actual DTC value, as it could turn out to be something weird like a damaged wire instead of the sensor itself. In this case, I think you'd still be better off replacing the sensor, but its always good to know exactly what has gone wrong (as best as possible) to minimize trial and error.