View Single Post
Old 01-04-2017, 10:16 AM   #1332 (permalink)
TopgunZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 06 350Z , 09 370Z MT
TopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOLIO 671 View Post
Guys quick question... car threw a P0507 "Idle Air Control RPM Higher than expected." I am using the Turbosmart 25mm BOV and have it at the softest setting. Did some reading and got different points on adjustments. Should the BPV be slightly open at idle? If it isn't do I tighten it?
Your BPV needs to be open at idle. If anything you should loosen it. When i had the turbosmart on i had bought the lightest (blue) spring and even trimmed off a ring and a half to get the perfect amount of tension on the piston head of the valve. But, i did have the SI trim and 9psi pulley so it was pushing more air at idle. You should be able to trim down any of the springs to get the tension right.