View Single Post
Old 01-03-2017, 10:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
OptionZero
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 15 370Z Nismo 6MT
OptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond repute
Default OptionZero 2015 Nismo Build

New year, build thread time.

First mods were minor exterior touches. Black A-pillars and XPel ultimate front quarter protection by Imperial Works

Then suspension stuffs and mild drop thanks to SPL Parts and Aragosta Racing:

Ride height was to be a little lower and easily driveable because the next step was getting dem wheels to complete the stance.

Like I described in my other thread, I went with TE37 Ultras in matte black, special order color not stocked, certainly not in my sizes. Five month wait and finally they showed up:

I hated that metal engraved ring/lettering on the edge, but unfortunately, Mackin won't take it off unless you special order like 25 sets or something ludicrous. After checking multiple shops (body shop, pin striper, vinyl wrap place), finally got a shop willing to tackle the job. Not 100% perfect because its impossible to get the paint in there totally evenly, but there is no bleeding past the edge:

And now the wheels are finally at Affinity Performance being mounted and aligned. Still waiting on a fender roller for the fronts, but here's the progress:

Thats at -3 front, -2 rear camber.

Wheels are Volk Racing TE-37 ULTRA. Face-4 and S-center (deeper mounting surface) all 4 corners. Goal was MAX CONCAVE everywhere.
20x11, +15 fronts
20x12, +20 rears
Project Kics Iconix R40 lugs w/ optional red caps

Tires are Toyo T1-R
275/30/20 front
315/25/20 rear

Suspension is SPL everything: front upper control arms, tie-rod ends, rear camber arm, rear mid-link, toe arms, eccentric lockout kit

Coilovers are Aragosta Type-S, pillowball upper mounts. 14 kg/mm front, 10 kg/mm rear. Rear spring swapped to a six-inch Swift set with thrust washer to fix the clunking. Coilovers are independent height adjustable and the rear mid-links from SPL are also height adjustable so you can dial in pre-load and the swift thrust washer solves the clunking noise everyone gets from spring rotation under compression/decompression.

Fitment goal is to be on the aggressive side, but still have more tire than stock. I see alot of people running 9 or 9.5 inch fronts and +30 to +20 offset and thats with anywhere from 245 to 265 fronts. I thought i could go more aggressive than that because folks shy away from camber. I've run an aggressive 17x9.5 +12, 235/40/17 tire in the front of my S14 and seen how camber can affect fitment. It doesn't kill your tire's wear rate. tires will wear unevenly but not faster if your toe is in order. Anyways, thats my rant, hope people will move toward more aggressive front fitment.

Rears are a different story. You can do anything in the back, the Z34 chassis has basically infinite clearance. Alignment guy said I could basically run a 5mm spacer and be just fine. I originally was going 325/25/20 but chickened out and went down a width to get a bit more stretch and get that clearance.

The rears are going to come down a bit lower and then have camber adjusted to stay around -2.

Future plans:
Stillen G3 sitting in my garage. Will get an oilcooler from FI or Z1 at the next sale to throw in at the same time.

Fast intentions exhaust

Carbon Signal

Debating between the 09-14 Nismo wing with carbon signal cover or a GT wing (Ings+1, voltex . . . or go insane and get Veilside or Esprit?)

Also debating between Varis VSDC, ViS Terminator, or Amuse style hood. Long ways away though.

Last edited by OptionZero; 04-24-2020 at 12:49 PM.
OptionZero is offline   Reply With Quote