View Single Post
Old 01-02-2017, 11:13 AM   #74 (permalink)
solidus
Track Member

Drives: 15' Nismo Black 6MT
solidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Better add mine.

What was the WHP? 443 (mustang)
What wtrq? 373
How long did it run before it died? 2months (1 day after tune )
Was it ever 100% running right before it died? No
What kit? BP 6266 1.5ar ,
What PSI? 7.5
What was the cause if you know? Overboost due to vacuum leak. 23.7psi
What year was the car? 2015

I had installed the BP kit and it took awhile to work out heat related gremlins such as melted trans harness and melted filter. I "thought" it was over. Took it to dyno after everything was buttoned up hoping to tune for 12psi. It kept spiking at 16.5 on the dyno so the tuner turned off the ebc assuming I had a BC solenoid problem. finished the tune at wastegate using the 7.5 springs and yielded the above listed numbers. I was "Ok" with it since I knew I needed to work out some issues. The very next day I take it for a spin and it felt "Very good" better than it had since driving it only on the base map. On my way home I had an opportunity in the form of a wide open road. I WOT'd it and it felt beyond good all the way through 4th gear. At the top of fourth it felt like a 200 shot nitrous hit for about 3 second. Then there was silence and wind noise. No exhaust, no thumping or clanking, just silence and wind. Took me a bit to absorb it but I located a 7.5kmile engine from another 15' Nismo and started over. When the install was done, the oil pan from the old engine was filled with shattered metal. Looked like a silver prospector borrowed it. After nursing the car from the shop to my house I noted I was still getting spikes of 13-14psi on wastegate without EBC plumbing. Pulled all the vacuum to replace it and found a hole burned in the line to the passenger side wastegate. After replacement boost was stable with zero spikes over wastegate pressure. Put EBC plumbing back and all thats left is to fine tune the EBC.
solidus is offline   Reply With Quote