View Single Post
Old 01-02-2017, 08:44 AM   #3 (permalink)
ParkStr8
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2015 370z Sport Tech
ParkStr8 is on a distinguished road

The Z is a relatively low volume car...and only eclipsed by the GT-R - which is the REAL Nissan halo car. With that being said...it has always suffered long redesign times, and even a VERY long break. It is not a perfect car...but none are. For what it is, for the price, for the quality - it is still an amazing car. Long in the tooth - sure. But that does not diminish what it is.

The next version is taking a long time due to Nissan trying to figure out what to do with it, EG the GT-R mentioned above. They need to get it right, and also push the production numbers up. And just now Infiniti is pushing out all the various engine models not available previously. The design and platform will depend on those choices as well.

I am about to buy my 2nd ZR after a 2 year break - and will drive it knowing it is a fantastic car for what it is. I have an daily driver '16 S6 - which is also "long in the tooth", and only 450hp (540HP with the tune on)...at the low end of the that segment of "almost supercars". But it is still an amazing vehicle and one of the best cars I have had. It was #55 in a long line.

Lets enjoy what we have...and wait with anticipation what will come next. I have seen a few renderings...and those are a direction I would have no part in. I hope they get the next one right...and build on the good, refine the problem areas, and do away with the horrible.
ParkStr8 is offline   Reply With Quote