View Single Post
Old 12-30-2016, 08:41 PM   #87 (permalink)
MX52Z
Enthusiast Member

Drives: Z'less por ahora
MX52Z is just really niceMX52Z is just really niceMX52Z is just really niceMX52Z is just really nice

So many good points here. The C7 Z06 is breathtaking and I'm very happy for the OP. I also agree with the point that the Grand Sport is the real sweet spot for Vette ownership. It's not just the flared fenders and and 300-series tires and the "looks" of a Z06, it also has performance suspension and braking upgrades over a base but not quite the power of a Z06.

Still, most Vette owners, myself included, couldn't even drive a base Vette at its potential on a weekend autoX track. Like others, I wanted the looks, the gobs of naturally-aspirated power and the license to not have anything to prove to a fartcan Genesis or Porsche at a red light.

The exhaust note is sublime and the glued-to-the-seat highway onramp bursts are addictive. I still love going into the garage and looking at that beast's low, wide stance. Then I walk back into my old kitchen and wish I could afford an overhaul and it occurs to me that I'm paying the equivalent of a house payment for a car I drive three or four times per month. It's like I'm saving it for the next guy but paying the depreciation for him as a gift. I also have a new Civic-T as a DD and my insurance agent told me I'm paying $80 per month more just for the Vette.

I applaud the OP because I too went from my 370Z to a Vette but now that I've checked that off my bucket list, I'm looking to pursue some home projects and travel so I'm currently considering some options like an NC MX-5, Mustang and the 370Z again. Yeah, it's long in the tooth but I love the looks, decent power and price (used 2014). I tell myself I can save up for the forthcoming, mid-engined C8 but honestly, I don't mind considering Caribbean cruises and a new, outdoor BBQ kitchen.

Anyway, congrats to the OP again and nice to see the 370Z crowd again.

/misc. ramblings
MX52Z is offline   Reply With Quote