View Single Post
Old 12-28-2016, 10:08 PM   #68 (permalink)
phunk
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370
phunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KN21283 View Post
So without the relay kit, would it cause low throttle voltage?

I'm having trouble with low voltage and trying to figure it out any *info would be appreciated.
it would be unrelated to the throttle. At least, I cannot imagine it having any adverse side effects on other systems in the vehicle. But I am no electrical engineer. Without the relay kit on an upgraded fuel pump, the fuel pump wiring will be overheating and could be preventing the fuel pump from operating at full system voltage, reducing its output.

I have run the stock wiring (in my personal car) with an Aero 340 and with a Walbro 400 and the wires get impressively hot. Surprising it never blew a fuse or melted a relay but there is no doubt that the pump is not operating at its peak like this. I did start melting the plastic around the terminals on the stock fuel pump hat.