View Single Post
Old 12-28-2016, 08:39 PM   #33 (permalink)
Ape Factory
Base Member

Drives: Audi RS5/QX70S
Ape Factory will become famous soon enough

In the end, I just couldn't justify $500 on the Endless pads (I couldn't find the cost comparison study) so I'm going with Stoptech 309's (Sport) which I can get, front and rear, for less than 1/3 the cost. I was borderline on the 308's (Street) but wasn't sure they'd offer any additional benefits over the stock Akebono pads honestly. And they come with all new hardware.

The 309's seem to have good initial bite, even when cold and do dust more but I think I can live with that. I've put a protective coating on my wheels as a preemptive measure since they're satin black.

If I were tracking out at Circuit of the Americas on a regular basis, I'd jump on the Endless pads or something even more aggressive. But for street driving, they just seem to be overkill.

Edit: I scratched the Stoptech pads based on some conversations I had and ended up with the Nismo/Ferodo pads which I've since installed with the Z1 two-piece rotors. I know they'll dust but it seems to be exactly what I'm looking for and going by my initial impressions, I hit it on the nose.

Last edited by Ape Factory; 01-10-2017 at 08:07 PM.
Ape Factory is offline   Reply With Quote