View Single Post
Old 12-28-2016, 12:09 PM   #45 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

I did the test drive on the Z06. It was a very short drive unfortunately. Just enough to take some aggressive turns, a few hard accelerations and some hard braking.

All I can say is... WOW!!! What an emotional car!!
Its TRULY amazing. I think the Z06 May possibly even be overkill. I wanted to test drive the GS but they were in the process of selling the one they had.

Stylistically, the front and back are crazy!!! From the side. I think it needs a Lil bit more but irs still nice. Inside. I have mixed feelings. After sitting in the camaro and turning it on I felt the camaro looked better inside. But I wish the secret cubby behind the screen existed in the camaro. The fit and finish are similar but the camaro has some more exposed cheaper looking plastics. I think the $20,000 discount made the corvette perfect. But it was in reality a $15,000 discount. The price was jacked up a Lil and discounted. But even at $15,000. It's an insane deal.

The question is. Is it so good I'm willing to pay $85,000 for it?

My answer is YES!!! And NO!!! I think it's totally worth it and it's a hundred times better than my Z when it was stock. 10X better in one aspect with my mods. In another. The Z still has a special character to it that's hard to let go of. Not that I was willing to trade. But I definitely would want to at minimum, drive the ZL 1 before dedicating myself.

With cars like the Guilia Quadrofoglio, The Porsche 911 GTS and possibly, the Z35. It's still hard for me to pull the trigger.

I DONT WANT TO BE TRADING CARS and losing money cuz I bought one thing then wanted the other. I intend on test driving the Q60S next.

The corvette is amazing. The only advantage the Z has is its overall dimensions and feel in the corners at least on the street. I'm sure it ALL changes on a track. But I could be saying that due to the minimalistic seat time I had... Corvette width is something I need to adjust to and may have impeded my critique with such little time. I'm blown away though.

The corvette is amazing.