View Single Post
Old 12-27-2016, 10:07 AM   #908 (permalink)
Leingod
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: In Circles
Leingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post
When you say switches, you mean the wall plugs? They have one now that doesn't take up both plugs

( Click to show/hide )

Are you just replacing an existing light switch with the new TP-link light switch? If so that's typically super easy. If you're really not comfortable, a knowledgeable friend should be able to do it for you for a beer or something. I was thinking you were having to install a whole new switch which means new wiring and what not - the smart bulb would be way cheaper than paying someone to wire up a new switch.
Yea, sorry. The wall plugs are what I meant. I saw the mini ones, but man are they pricey. I'll sacrifice a spare outlet for now. hahaha.

I never thought about using the bulbs in rooms instead of just a light switch. Now they are making more sense. Maybe I'll do that for the kitchen instead. I plan to have a friend show me how to do the electrical install for the switch. I know it'll be easy. Just unsure of what wires connect to what.