View Single Post
Old 12-24-2016, 04:12 AM   #13 (permalink)
solidus
Track Member

Drives: 15' Nismo Black 6MT
solidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lj909 View Post
Florida to Mexico and back to tune? I'm sure you can rent a dyno for less and get more consistent results.

Get real
Not to be rude but you're out of your depth. Seriously.

For clarity and to expand your insight "Mexico" is a euphemism for an out of the way place free of traffic and relatively safe to do things that wouldn't be reasonable or prudent in a congested area or your neighborhood. Tuning an EBC for gain requires wide open throttle runs under load in search of boost drop off at higher rpm. When it's detected you adjust the gain in 1-2% increments and repeat the process until surge. When you get surge you back off the gain until the desired result is achieved. Don't get it twisted I'm new to this but this is the basic concept. And for the record IMO "tuning" on the road is a better tune than a dyno tune for driving. I experienced that with my Titan when I went from full bolt to Jim Wolfe cams. Had to add all this because I don't want to come off as an a$$ and my intent isn't misconstrued.

Last edited by solidus; 12-24-2016 at 07:29 AM.
solidus is offline   Reply With Quote