View Single Post
Old 12-23-2016, 09:36 AM   #493 (permalink)
Davey
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '15 NISMO 6MT
Davey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by madwi View Post
After my divorce, I said Fvck that noise, never again.
Getting philosophical...

People have this silly romantic notion that there is "the one" person they can be with. I don't really believe that; really I think you just find one whose particular brand of irrational crazy you enjoy and you make a go of it. Sometimes you win, and sometimes... Blackjack and hookers.

Me, I was in my 30's and had given up on meeting anyone because all the women my age were either married, divorced with children (I never wanted kids, let alone raising someone else's), or totally ******* looney.

My wife was born nearly 8,000 miles from me. She never married because she didn't want the kind of life her parents had, and didn't have the freedom to pursue her own happiness because they were very controlling. We met completely by chance, and even though I really liked her, I almost never even asked her out, for various reasons, including her family, which was the main reason. I am glad every day that I did, though, so far, for the last 16 years we've been together.

When I consider how I could have never ended up with her by the same sort of chance, the logistics of the whole thing are absolutely staggering.

Anyway, I totally understand where you are coming from. If you ever happen to meet someone who changes your mind, I wish you all the happiness in the world, but if you never do, it's a fool's game to settle for something less.