View Single Post
Old 12-22-2016, 03:50 PM   #10 (permalink)
Jhill
Track Member

Drives: 2013 370z sport
Jhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfkiddio View Post
Actually it's usually the other way around. The 500lb spring on the bucket will be stiffer than the 500lb spring on the shock mount. Now I can't quote wheel rates and motion ratios on the two different setups, but using logic that I know, that's how it should be. I could very well be wrong however.
Think you have that one backwards. Look at ever oem type always has firmer rear rate than true type even within the same brand that offers both (example stance oem type is 10k rear and true type 5k). Also look at the point of leverage, with the spring being closest the the pivot (fulcrum point) it has a huge lever arm working against it so distance is the gain and force is the loss. True type is the exact opposite, the load is directly below it so force is gain and distance is lose (which is also why it needs a longer spring for the same stroke shock).
Jhill is offline   Reply With Quote