Thread: M-Ron Glass
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2016, 12:18 PM   #7 (permalink)
Junkman2008
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2001 Corvette Coupe
Junkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldGuyFla View Post
Everyone doesn't need to have a car that is car show quality. You made a statement that wax doesn't shine & that was a bad statement. That was what I was responding to.
Oh, so you are BACK PEDALING now. Everyone doesn't need some crappy car to be show car quality but I don't know any Z owners who bought their car because it is just a car and it will get them from point A to point B. Every Z owner I know really likes their car and wants it to look as nice as it did on the showroom floor, ESPECIALLY the people reading this. But okay, allow me to be a bit more CRYSTAL clear.

If you use a correcting wax like Hi-Temp's Midnight Express, you CAN remove SMALL imperfections in your paint, WHICH WILL create somewhat of a shine. That is because that wax CONTAINS POLISH, which is what you use to creates a shine.

Now you can take some crappy wax and use it to grind the oxidation off your car (scratching it all up in the process), but the only people I know who do that are people who get all of their detailing products at Costco and Auto Zone. They don't know any better. If they didn't care about their car, they wouldn't by anything and they wouldn't be cleaning it themselves. They would simply drive it through a car wash and collect as many swirls as they possibly could. Now name me one Z owner who is doing that and reading these post. People in this section of the forum CARE about the appearance of their car and want to do what they can to keep the appearance as nice as possible. Because of that, people like myself who are informed about this stuff want to make sure that they have access to the best advice possible. That's why reading what you wrote is not remotely going to float in here because those in the know, know better.

So there's nothing wrong with what you do to YOUR car because hey, it's YOUR car. But trust me, I will definitely address any bad information that I see posted here because the ONLY thing I will tell a guy to do to HIS car is something that I would allow him to do to mine. Trying to create a shine with WAX is NOT something I would let somebody do to my car and I definitely won't advise them to do it to theirs.

If I am going to take the time to fix some paint, you can darn well bet that I am either going to do it right or not bother at all. You can thank the Marines for that. I wish everyone had that mindset. That vehicle in that video is a Toyota Camry. Do you think that it is a show car? No, it's a daily driver, owned by someone who cares about their car. He doesn't attend car shows. He just likes his car to look nice.