View Single Post
Old 12-22-2016, 10:56 AM   #4 (permalink)
Jhill
Track Member

Drives: 2013 370z sport
Jhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfkiddio View Post
The droop travel is limited by the amount of travel the shock can do. So it may not be significantly more than a true coil setup, if any better at all. And these are not true coils in the rear. No threads means no perches.

These look pretty interesting. They basically took a set of KW V1's, revalved them for linear springs, and had some different colors done.

The spring rates are 672/504lb, so that's actually soft in the front. The rear is about spot on though.
The droop isn't only how long the shock is it also needs the helper spring which no other non true type that I am aware of has. Without it even if you lengthen the shock at a certain point the spring will no longer have any force on it to hold it in place and will rattle around and possibly fall side ways.

I'm actually considering dropping my rates for street to a 10/9 as the 12/11 is a little firm but not terrible, so it sounds like a good street setup and it would compare to the v2 that kw doesn't actually offer.
Jhill is offline   Reply With Quote