View Single Post
Old 01-11-2010, 06:15 PM   #20 (permalink)
dalparadise
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: 2010 Z Roadster T/S
dalparadise is on a distinguished road

I might also add a Z4 to this consideration set to further perplex you. I believe all three cars (370Z Roadster, Boxster and Z4) are pretty close in subjective and objective areas where it counts.

As a former BMW *** hat, it's hard for me to acknowledge the P-car, but it is an amazing design. I read through their board at all the blown engines back in my near trouble-free MZ3 days and wondered how people could love such a car. Trust me, it's fine design and a fixed problem that has kept that car on top for 10+ years.

I cross-shopped the three of these for my purchase (made last week). In the end, they were all really close. So, it came down to the two with the freshest designs -- the 370Z and Z4. Then, I couldn't pass up the sheer value of the 370Z. Compared to either the Porsche or BMW, the Z delivers about 95% of the appeal at about 75% of the price. Build quality is similar (my observation) reliability is superior and styling in equal or better (again, my observation). The only really big category that's lacking is brand cachet, which in a roadster seems really, really off point.