View Single Post
Old 12-19-2016, 11:09 PM   #2 (permalink)
gbhrps
Base Member

Drives: 2016 RDSTR TS 6spd
gbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond repute

LHMBP,

I, too, don't like all of the clunking and popping noises that the top makes, whether opening or closing. It really does detract from a vehicle worth the kind of money that we had to pay for these cars.

That said, every online review of this roadster since its introduction in 2009 says exactly the same thing. Check out the YouTube video reviews on the Roadster. While it visually is a sight to see and blows non owners awe struck, the noises it makes doing its thing is less than refined.

If you read through this forum on all of the topics related to top issues, I've only able to recall one that concerned the seam of the rear window.

My take on it would be that it is a rare problem, but worth keeping your eye on.

Gene
gbhrps is offline   Reply With Quote