View Single Post
Old 12-19-2016, 09:53 PM   #443 (permalink)
TreeSemdyZee
Premium Member

Drives: '09 370 & ‘14 Juke
TreeSemdyZee has a reputation beyond reputeTreeSemdyZee has a reputation beyond reputeTreeSemdyZee has a reputation beyond reputeTreeSemdyZee has a reputation beyond reputeTreeSemdyZee has a reputation beyond reputeTreeSemdyZee has a reputation beyond reputeTreeSemdyZee has a reputation beyond reputeTreeSemdyZee has a reputation beyond reputeTreeSemdyZee has a reputation beyond reputeTreeSemdyZee has a reputation beyond reputeTreeSemdyZee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonSlave02 View Post
My 2011 370z which came with newer rev d model failed over the weekend could not do a thing to get it working to apply the fix. In my case the lock was not stuck engaged but one of the electrical switches in it was broke and with it stuck in a Walmart parcking lot and freezing rain coming down I took it to Nissan and paid and boy did I pay to get it fixed $1100. I asked about faulty units and they said nope it's not a defect but they just happen to have a few in the shop for a 6 year old car and an uncommon part which "is not defective" and which they removed from the car 4 years ago. And now I know you might say well it's 6 years old u got lucky it lasting that long well I bought the car with only 8000 miles on it last April and only put 4000 miles on it. So in short the stupid lock which has no defects in should only last 12000 or 6 years which ever comes first like in a bad worrenty. I think my next step is the attorney general and see what they have to say I know it might be useless because this issue is so rear, not like there are dedicated threads about it or diy fixes people have.

Wish I read up on all the issues a little more and saw this effected all models with the locking mechanism.

PS. I,m done ranting and I pulled the fuse.
Yep. The Rev D replacement is the one that failed on mine. Piss-poor engineering pure and simple.
Borla S-Type | Motordyne | Z1 (lots) | South Bend | K&N | Nismo/Nismo S-Tune | Eibach | Aerojacket | Fujimara | Spl | ZSpeed Performance | Kenwood-Infinity-Sound Ordnance | Whiteline | Ecutek | Hotchkis | Clazzio | VQ Vortex |Morimoto XB |Dynosty Tune 329.64hp 265.73 ft/lb
TreeSemdyZee is offline   Reply With Quote