View Single Post
Old 12-19-2016, 03:42 PM   #14 (permalink)
charnathan
Base Member

Drives: 14 370z Nismo MB M6
charnathan is on a distinguished road

( Click to show/hide )
Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post
Or the internal battery cable is jostled loose during a bumpy car ride and you have to take the whole back off the device to reconnect it

I just bought a right angle USB Type B cable, so it should minimize the cable being jostled loosely. In fact, you can't fit a straight USB Type B because the A/C vent would interfere.

( Click to show/hide )
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenny View Post
You're not wrong! Though I've not read the cable jostling loose being an issue with most of the tablet installation threads I've read. Mainly occasional freezing that requires resetting. I've seen some people have a small button that acts as the power button to let you reset it without removing the tablet itself.

I think my ideal set up have to be able to easily remove the tablet for updating, or modifying the set up. A company is/was selling a float mount kit that holds the tablet in place using magnets. These were super expensive if I remember right...pay to play i suppose. I think I'd sacrifice some flexibility to get a better price point.

Here's a link to a video of the float mount kit. I believe the one for the Nexus 7 is discontinued, but offered for Ipad mini and air.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhL1Zuacz2w

I used to have a 2013 Nexus 7, but it broke, so I got the Tab S2 8". The USB is connected to the cigarette lighter in the passenger well, so you could still connect it to a laptop or Tablet PC to incorporate any updates to it. I did that after I put in my SD card. I wanted to add more files, so I just plugged in through there.

if not, then you'd have to remove the whole dash unit like normal because this clam-shell design is screwed into the same mounting screws as the A/C vents.
2014 Nismo #0614 Magnetic Black (stock for now...)
charnathan is offline   Reply With Quote