View Single Post
Old 12-19-2016, 09:46 AM   #10 (permalink)
charnathan
Base Member

Drives: 14 370z Nismo MB M6
charnathan is on a distinguished road

( Click to show/hide )
Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post
Interested. Would be nice if it were compatible with a variety of tablets if possible.

I don't want to have to push a button to turn on the device - it should power on with the car. I'm also concerned how good/bad the buttons will look, but I'll reserve judgment until some form of mock up is presented.

The issue is that I do not own every tablet, so it'll have to be to a specific few, unless someone is willing to send me their tablet to get dimensions off of (or PM me the specifics I would need to make it work). If you look at my current set-up, the top and bottom edges at the tablet or almost flush with the actual display portion of the screen. The sides are wider to accommodate the fingerprint reader/home, back, and recent apps button (on an iPad mini 4, it would be for the one button). It would cost more as I would have to take time to make sure all of the changes work properly on my current 3D model.

( Click to show/hide )
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseZ View Post
That clamp design seems it would have the potential of being at least adaptable to some different tablets.

The power on bit would be dependant on your tablet wouldn't it? I'm only familiar with iOS stuff but it does cycle the screen when it is plugged into power so as long as it is unlocked it should turn on. The "always on" option would probably have to be selected as well so it doesn't go back to sleep with inactivity.

What would be real nice but probably impossible is if it would automatically turn on dashcommand when it starts. That's the biggest reason to have the display for me, but I can't see it happening without doing it manually. And I don't think HP Tuners has a standalone 370z program without running ProEFI so that's out too. Srill, its be nice to have the DC app, and the GoPro app too. Both already work on my head unit via CarPlay but this would be easier.

Regardless, it's nice to see someone that has a bezel that could forward with.

Yeah, the Power/Volume set-up would be dependent upon each tablet, but not hard to implement. The thought process for those buttons is for when I am out of town for a week and the tablet goes dead. Tablet take a while. I have thought of just buying a separate power bank in those events.

As far auto-starting a specific app, you'll have to figure that out on your own, as this is only a tablet integration housing. If you had an android tablet, I'm sure there is a ROM or aftermarket app that could solve that issue.
2014 Nismo #0614 Magnetic Black (stock for now...)
charnathan is offline   Reply With Quote