View Single Post
Old 12-18-2016, 03:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
jamtinge
Base Member

Drives: 2017 PW 370z MT
jamtinge has much to be proud ofjamtinge has much to be proud ofjamtinge has much to be proud ofjamtinge has much to be proud ofjamtinge has much to be proud ofjamtinge has much to be proud ofjamtinge has much to be proud ofjamtinge has much to be proud ofjamtinge has much to be proud of
Default what should I demand?

Hello guys..

So.. I bought my 2017 370z (Brand new) about 2 months ago in October, and the part of the deal included Nissan OEM Rear view mirror /w homelink and back up camera.

One day later I pick up the car, I find out that the mirror installed doesn't have any visible homelink buttons. So I email my sales guy and asks how I can program this mirror for homelink.

Two days later.. the sales guy replies and tells me that he installed the aftermarket one on my car and that the mirror does not have any homelink capability. ( This was done without my consent )

So I ask him to get me the OEM one and make this deal right, and he says i will have to wait 1 month for the part to arrive.

Fast forwarding 1 month and 2 weeks, i go to the dealership to replace it with the OEM one. The tech who actually worked on my car did a great job and installed the new one.

Now, the problem is the OEM camera has been installed in different location from the aftermarket one and my bumber has a huge hole now...

postimage

Of course I had no idea this would happen. So i tell my sales guy to come out and take a look at the hole, then he says how the bumper is plastic and will not rust over time. Of course i do not want this hole on a 2 month old car, and asks him to give me a new bumper. He says he's lost so much money on this deal ( sure but it wasn't my fault to begin with? ), and not willing to do so, and see what he can do on monday as it was already late on Saturday afternoon.

What would you guys demand from this sales guy?

Is a brand new bumper reasonable request from me or should I let him fix this hole? Will the paint crack or get easily damaged after the repair?
I did some readings on fixing the bumper holes (mostly due to getting rid of license plate) and i noticed that the putty used to fill a hole pop out over time sometimes.

What should I do?
jamtinge is offline   Reply With Quote