View Single Post
Old 12-16-2016, 09:22 PM   #21 (permalink)
Jhill
Track Member

Drives: 2013 370z sport
Jhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_Z09 View Post
You need to ask yourself what your goals are for the car. You may be better served with bolt-ons, driving lessons and a few track days if you're just looking for a good time. If you want bragging rights there are cheaper platforms than the Z that are much faster per dollar invested.

Don't get me wrong, I love my Z. But if I just wanted the fasted thing I can afford I would have looked elsewhere.
Also if he truly plans to track I'm not sure how effective tt setup is for the z. heat can quickly become an issue so then your fighting cooling and that adds more cost. Maybe not an issue for the z but a few BMW groups guys I know went FI on the e90 and later removed it as their lap times really weren't any better since the heat kept having to pull timing, etc etc and eventually the actual power difference wasn't noticeable after lap 4-5.
Jhill is offline   Reply With Quote