Thread: GTM built 7 AT
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2016, 11:25 AM   #12 (permalink)
Zat_Zuma
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2017 Touring auto
Zat_Zuma is a glorious beacon of lightZat_Zuma is a glorious beacon of lightZat_Zuma is a glorious beacon of lightZat_Zuma is a glorious beacon of lightZat_Zuma is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow85 View Post
JC you are totally correct. I did speak to Pat and he said the rebuild kit for $790 USD includes:

Clutches

Steels

Gaskets

Seals

Are these items above, all that is required to strengthen my AT box to handle 450-500whp?

Also, Z1 sells and exedy clutch pack for the 7AT:
https://www.z1motorsports.com/transm...at-p-9602.html

What would that do?
I'm no expert by any means but have rebuilt some hemi transmissions to handle more power.

Beyond the clutch plates you have to replace the valve body(where the real trany brains are) and probably some solenoids. Then a new torque convertor with a proper flywheel. Then there is the "other stuff" that Level 10 only knows and the guarantee that Level 10 provides. Their may be additional parts required that Level 10 doesn't sell to the public too.

Plus if you can find someone local who knows what their doing to rebuild it for you. I only know of Level 10 and they seem to do great work and have excellent results.

To the mates in Australia, it will save you lots of money to find someone local to work with Level 10 to rebuild it for you. I hear shipping costs are expensive.