View Single Post
Old 12-16-2016, 11:11 AM   #9 (permalink)
Zader495
Base Member

Drives: 2012 370Z Sport 6MT
Zader495 is on a distinguished road

Here's the summary and resolution:

2012 with 42k miles

For three consecutive days the ABS and Traction Control lights would light up during my commute. It consistently occurred when my car was at a stop.

I went to a local shop who was able to retrieve the error code. C1116 - Stop Lamp Circuit Fault.

That's when I began searching online and decided that replacing the stop light switch was the best place to start.

My local Nissan service wanted $175 to perform a diagnostic and then charge $100 for labor plus the cost of the switch.

I purchased the part for $47 at the Nissan parts department because I just wanted to get this taken care of asap. Would of been around $33 plus shipping if I ordered it online.

Following the above instructions that Trips provided. I found the switch and started taking pictures to make sure I knew the exact position of the switch.

Install was very easy. Unplug the white plug above and then turn the switch 90 degrees to release it. Insert the new switch making sure to match the previous number of exposed threads. Turn 90 degrees again to lock in place and reinsert the white plug.

It's been a couple of days without issue. Will report back if anything changes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Zader495; 12-23-2016 at 12:30 PM.
Zader495 is offline   Reply With Quote