Thread: Hovering
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2010, 12:54 PM   #13 (permalink)
martums
Base Member

Drives: 1995 Daihatsu Feroza
martums is on a distinguished road
Smile verbose mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipor View Post
Cobb and other ECU products have a valet mode that will hold your RPMs and such. Of course Nissan may frown on this.
Limiting the RPM's would be fantastic. The ability for the Cobb device to monitor attributes like RPM & Speed is AWESOME. Is there a likelihood the service personnel would disconnect the Cobb device during the service period?

370zdub - working up a relationship with a service technician--that's a great idea. A few months from now, the situation could be much more reliable. It'd be a struggle for me in the beginning to trust any unknowns...

I'm considering a GPS/GSM gadget, for location, speed & unexpected travel, but that's reactive. Would prefer to keep the key fob altogether.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenchan View Post
how about you download the service manual and do the work yourself? it's easy for the first 30K miles or so especially... just usual checkups and oil changes. if you need to do your brake fluid and pads (and dont know how), have a friend help you. there's no rocket science to just maintain a car while new. i do all the work on mine.
Man, I would love to change the oil myself. And have downloaded the service manual, (and props to the guy(s) that took the time to download, collect & share same). Just as you described, oil is doable, and there's a buddy to help me with the brakes. Is saving your receipts for materials sufficient support to maintain warranty, as others have indicated?

My current residence makes self-service unlikely, might have to impose on a friend. Which brings up something I've wondered about for ages--where can we go to rent garage space (either with ramps, or maybe a lift, etc.). A kind of do-it-yourselfer's motel 6?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kannibul View Post
The people that did the paint repair drove the piss out of it. A whole 1/8th tank
Thinking of ways to hurt them...slowly

Lug & Pharmacist, you guys are my new heroes.

Last edited by martums; 01-11-2010 at 02:46 PM. Reason: scan friendly
martums is offline   Reply With Quote