Thread: Flex Fuel Kits
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2016, 06:47 PM   #18 (permalink)
phunk
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370
phunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond repute

For the record, to clear up some conversation in this thread...

The Walbro 450, 460, 485, "400 E85", or any other name you might find it called, are all the same pump.

The part number is F90000267. Walbro rates them at 450lph. I think that the "485" name might have been derived from "for e85" or something. But nowhere on the published flow chart from Walbro or TIAutomotive will you see its output achieving 485lph. The chart peaks at 455-ish LPH at 30psi. 450LPH would be an appropriate rating for them in comparison to the popular 255LPH pumps.

But ultimately, everyone is talking about the same pump.

There is also a much more rare model of it, some refer to as the "high pressure" version. Since the F90000267 is already a high pressure fuel pump, I would refer to this other one as "higher pressure". Its part number is F90000274.

It is hardly more expensive. The only reason you dont see them as often is because the major distributors for Walbro that all the shops buy from, including me, were not buying and stocking them when they came out.. making it hassle to get them. Just recently one of the major distributors started stocking them, and we will be using the 274 part number now. Might as well, its only like $5 more and it maintains slightly higher output at higher pressures.

As a side note, the Walbro turbine pump that is not E85 rated, was the Walbro 400. When they first came out, they were a hit for a minute. But now with the 450s out, I dont see anyone at all selling or using the 400s anymore. I have the Walbro 400 in my own Z, just to get it out of inventory, nobody was going to buy it. That is the pump that had no issues holding 671rwhp with E85 in my car.

Last edited by phunk; 12-14-2016 at 06:52 PM.
phunk is offline   Reply With Quote