Thread: Hovering
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2010, 11:21 AM   #1 (permalink)
martums
Base Member

Drives: 1995 Daihatsu Feroza
martums is on a distinguished road
Question Hovering

Hi Everyone,

After picking up my Z 11 days ago, yours truly is shopping for a service dept. Have heaps of apprehension after reading some service dept. horror stories. My car was bought in a non-traditional manner. No plans to take it up the rear in the service dept., either. My money takes priority over their BS policies.

1) For those of you that use a Nissan dealer's service dept., have you declined to hand over your keys to them, and opted to move her, start her, as needed, etc.? (made other arrangements).

2) Do you have any methods to visually monitor the technicians working on your Z? (Not necessarily standing next to them & the car in the bay, I'm sure they'd whine & cry themselves to sleep...)

3) How do you prevent the idiots from joyriding and redlining (test driving) your ride after service?

This stereotypical service dept. our-way-or-the-highway just won't cut it. It's my bloody money, etc. Just need to find a reasonable middle ground between doing the work myself, and surrendering my new baby to the lowest nut on the rung for an $80-odd oil change. And am ready to neuter any idiot who thinks they can test drive her or (or just be an expletive bag) after same.

Where's the soapbox emoticon?

Have a trusted mechanic locally, and would prefer Nissan for this. Original selling dealer is too far away to use.

Appreciate your feedback!

Last edited by martums; 01-11-2010 at 11:22 AM. Reason: grammer nazi
martums is offline   Reply With Quote