View Single Post
Old 12-12-2016, 10:31 AM   #106 (permalink)
RicerX
Track Member

Drives: To the Pizza joint.
RicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post
Then you must never have experienced ESCL or CSC failure on the Z
Correct, sir! hahaha good call.

Luckily, for the most part, if those things failed, they failed once and a fix was remedied. ECSL was recalled, and CSC either had an aftermarket alternative or workaround (Z1). Those were really the only two major problems with the Z.

No one had an answer for my why Jetta ate four MAFs in 60k miles. No one had an answer for why the guts of an ink pen served as a better trunk release mechanism than the factory junk (seriously... the replacement I rigged up lasted until I traded the car... around 50k miles or so from the time it broke). No one had an answer for why my clutch plate broke and shot through the transmission while my car was in cruise control on the interstate.

I had a bit of PTSD with that car I think...