View Single Post
Old 01-11-2010, 09:02 AM   #101 (permalink)
Clint@Altered
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: econobox
Clint@Altered is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fast4thelaw View Post
I almost sent my car to them last spring to be the very first TT370z on the road! BUT, I encountered an issue with them over an exhaust system that I ultimately had to cancel after waiting 3 months of empty promises and no action. I don't want to get into it completely because their intentions were good but I felt they were spread a little too thin and if I sent them my car then I might just now have it back! Maybe.

I still want FI but I am going a different approach. I truley feel they are the guys to do the job right but not at the expense of having them keep my car for 6 months. Plus they didnt offer me a deal to use my car as their lab rat. They could have at least offered to pay the transportation fees to get my car there and back and I might have done it if they did. It was full price for everything and cost kept getting higher and higher and I punted on the whole thing!

I walked and with no regrets. Sorry AAM but I am taking my money and my 370z elsewhere.
No need for you to to apologize. We simply didn't deliver the exhaust in a timely manner. As you mentioned, we were spread to thin and took on too many fabrication projects on last spring. We just couldn't get it fabricated in time.

Regardless, I am glad to see you are moving on with your 370Z goals. Good luck with your future Z endeavors!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYBladeZ View Post
I'd assume that with each Z they complete the process is refined and becomes more efficient cutting down on completion time
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brazilbro View Post

even with a Greddy kit you going to be looking at a few weeks for install and thats with all the parts ready to go!
Twin Turbocharging a naturally aspirated vehicle which has not been TT'd before (at least not in mass) always presents unexpected challenges. You can always go hacking into a car to get around issues - cut away the front impact beam for better IC fitment, bend this or bend that for clearance, grind the engine mount etc. But we look at unexpected challenges as an opportunity for us to take a step back and re-focus so that we can ultimately create a TT Kit which seamlessly integrates with the vehicle - both in terms of fitment and performance.

By late spring we aim to be at the point where we will have a true shelf item - we'll be able to install a kit within a few weeks (or less if only the kit is being installed). Everything we make for the 370ZTT that is pure fabwork - Intercooler, Piping, Oil/Coolant Lines, Manifolds etc- is double and triple checked for fitment. And then set aside for reference/jigging. And we have refined most of our jigs and are beginning to build stock of the major components.

Being able to install a TT kit from a box which has been proven to fit and perform versus having to literally design and create every component from scratch (which includes a lot of second and third variations) makes the all difference in time.

And we are greatly appreciative of those, like Fusz Nissan, who are willing to be the first. That's one reason we have a shop 370Z - so that the products which end up on Lou's car fit and perform up to expectation. LOL, and so we can shoot for the limits of the stock block on the AAM 370Z later this winter!

AAM COMPETITION VQ37 Turn-Key Twin Turbo Packages
Available Now!
www.alteredatmosphere.com ClintonM@alteredatmosphere.com

Last edited by Clint@Altered; 01-11-2010 at 11:37 AM.